Friday, June 1, 2012

Sushi rolls peanut butter style!

Getting my kids to eat is sometimes a hassle, so I decided to make things somewhat fun and time consuming on my end.  I often make my son peanut butter sushi rolls, I am allowed he is Asian ;) When I am not making sushi rolls I am making some other sort of time consuming shape.  Today though I am posting how to make peanut butter sushi rolls, mostly for my sister because my poor nephew tells me all the time that my sister messes it up! 

Okay lets get started!  

You will need:

  • bread (wraps will work too and you will be able to ignore half of this) 
  • peanut butter
  • knife/butter knife
  • rolling pin (my husband flattens it with his hands but it isn't the same)
1. roll out bread

2. cut off crust
















 Roll out the bread first and then cut the crusts off so the edges will be "pretty" 


You have to put a VERY thin layer of
peanut butter or it will be hard to 
roll.  I actually put too much on it 
this time.


3. spread thin layer of peanut butter
The fun part is rolling them up.  My daughter prefers me to stop here, she calls them "map" from Dora the Explorer.  
4. Roll!
















Finally you get to cut them into little sushi rolls!  


5. cut sushi rolls



There is my happy son eating his sushi!

















No comments:

Post a Comment