Monday, July 2, 2012

routine chores for kids

I decided I was going to make my little kiddos start REALLY helping me out around the house now.  I made little cards (the size of business cards) to put on a chart.  I didn't get around to actually making the chart quite yet but I am working on it.  I will post on that later!  I am introducing them to the cards slowly so they aren't thrown into and then end up freaking out about it.  Since they can't read I have been explaining each picture and what the job is everyday so that way when I start their charts they will know what the jobs are. 

They are not ALL chores but I made some cards with things they already do regularly like brushing teeth, getting dressed, and picking up toys.  I did that so when I make their chart it isn't just all WORK but more of a routine chart with chores throughout the day.  


How to....? not difficult I think you can figure it out!

  • paper/card stock in whatever color you want
  • packing tape or laminater (Is that a word? auto correct says not oh well you get the hint!)
  •  scissors or paper cutter
  • magnets, sticky tac, or velcro.  Use whatever works with what you are sticking it to. 

 I used a business card template. Thought of chores and routine items and  picked out some clip art that seemed to fit each thing.  This took me forever to do!  I couldn't think of toddlers jobs!

After I finally did that I printed them out I only had regular printer paper but I would suggest card stock instead to make them stronger.  

After I cut them all apart I used packing tape because that is what i had around here.  They came out really nice with the packing tape I just wish I used card stock instead (NEXT PROJECT!) 

I plan on using sticky tac or velcro for my board 

My ideas...

  •  clean backroom sink (with something like vinegar that won't kill them)
  • feed cats
  • make your bed
  • put toys away
  • mate socks
  • help with laundry (my kids love helping put things in the washer or dryer)
  •  put silverware away
  • clean table (again with something like vinegar)
  • clean bedroom
  • vacuum floor
  • get the mail 
  • put books away
  • water plants (my kids love this)
  • help with groceries
  • help cook
  • gather small trash bags
  • brush teeth
  • get dressed
  • dust










6 comments:

  1. where did you get this clip art? I have been searching for days, would you please share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the clip art from Microsoft word. Also from the Microsoft clip art website. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/

      Delete
  2. You should make and market these. I love your idea and as I have been trying to put together my own cards and chart...I keep wishing someone would do it for me so i could just buy it, pre-made. Seriously...great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you share your printable template?? I love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be willing to email me your template for your chores? I love them! Thanks in advance! Debbiecuellar@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job!! It would be nice to have your template as a download. I totally appreciate the time and effort you spent putting this together.

    ReplyDelete